Elevated Pulse – Cybersecurity Risks in Healthcare
The cybersecurity risks in healthcare are alarming, but their security is vital. The practical requirements inherent in the field make it difficult to secure. This unique situation, combined with the value of the PII inherent in the industry, makes it a prime target for bad actors.
- 93% of healthcare organizations have experienced a data breach in the past three years
- Healthcare organizations report around two breaches per day on average
- Security breaches will cost the healthcare industry $6T by the end of 2020
- In Q1 of 2022, 6.9M+ individuals were affected by 136 healthcare breaches
- Negligent breaches are happening 2x as often as malicious ones
Elevate Pulse: Cybersecurity Risks in Healthcare is an overview of the cyber security requirements for healthcare.